Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's... Not!

Ug! I'm always so behind! I'll have to do my New Year's post tomorrow (which means I won't get to it until Wednesday, at least), and then it'll be on to 11th grade and who knows how often I'll manage to remember this blog?!

Sorry. I'll calm down now. I have someone I want you to meet.



Isn't she beautiful? She doesn't have the smooth lines of my mom's, or the fancy stitches that my gramma's has, but she's the first one I can call all my own. And she's fast. Really fast. 


Not to mention I won't have to worry about running out of bobbin thread in the middle of a project.

And, speaking of projects...

With my new sewing machine (who currently does not have a name) I am embarking on Project Bucket List 12: Sew a Medieval-Style Dress.


Prepared with yards and yards of gorgeous velvety-green fabric, intricate ribbon, and a pattern I have no clue how to read...


...I might finally be able to check something off my bucket list besides going places.


~Charli Rae 
|Job 39:19-25|

1 comment:

  1. Now look what you've done.  You've gone and made me jealous, Charli Rae.  I MISS JO!!!  (Janome 2206, that is.)  She was my sewing machine before I had to sell her this past summer.  There wasn't a place for her amongst all the school books we have to drag with us whenever we move.  Anyway, I'd like to wish you luck on your project.  I've been sewing since twelve, and I STILL can't read a pattern, myself.  Improvisation has always been my best friend.  I always looked at old pictures of dresses, traced the ones I had onto card paper (which I find works much better than tissue), and just went with it.  Of course, there is probably a reason why everything I make is lopsided. :/  What I mean to say is, if you'd like to discuss the craft, don't hesitate to drop me a message.  I don't take the conventional route, but I love to hear ideas from others and share tips.  ;)

    By the way, that dress is going to be beautiful however it turns out.  The fabric is lovely.  :)  And...  No one else better read this comment because I sound wayyy too much like a girl.  

    ReplyDelete

Comments! They make me melt a little. :)