Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pepper Grey

So it isn't the 'new idea' I pitched it to be two posts ago, but I have been  'dreaming it up'. I had part of the story before; now I have most of the first act. (For those of you who don't have English majors for fathers, all stories have three acts.) I was going to try and get as much of those three acts as planned out as possible. Here's how that went...




{I actually do have more than that, but I'm too lazy to update the video.}

Anyway, I'm getting itchy. Now that I'm not writing RO - or anything else, for that matter - I'm going Cr@zY! I have to write something! And that something is Pepper Grey. Even though I'm not as prepared as I want to be. Even though there's a huge blank spot between the catalyst and the break-into-two (you saw that, didn't you?). 

The problem is... (oh, yes, there's another problem)... I have no idea how to start it.

That first sticky note wasn't the first scene. It's the list of things I need to include in the first couple scenes. Now, normally it's not a problem for me to start a story (it's finishing that I obviously struggle with). A good action sequence, clever dialogue, a crazy dream; all good starters, but none fit. This story is a type that I have never written before. The action isn't sword-fist-bow-POW! kind of action. The dialogue belongs to an every-day family in modern day Wyoming. And all crazy dreams that the main character could have simply don't further the story.

Any ideas?

~Charli Rae
|Job 39:19-25|

1 comment:

  1. Hello there!! Thank you soooo much for following my blog!!! I LOVE new followers :) So thank you!!!
    Your blog is really cute!!! I can't wait to read it and comment on it!!!
    By the way, how old are you?!?! :)
    God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments! They make me melt a little. :)